Thursday, December 28, 2006

Tight Seattle office space now landlord's market

Seattle's commercial real-estate market tightened in the final three months of this year, a sign that leverage in lease negotiations is shifting from businesses that rent office space to those that own it.

The office vacancy rate in downtown Seattle fell to 9.8 percent in the fourth quarter, a report released Wednesday by the Grubb & Ellis brokerage firm showed. That was down from 13.4 percent a year ago.

A vacancy rate below 10 percent marks the point at which it becomes a landlord's market and developers begin discussing plans for new buildings, said Nick Papa, a research analyst at Grubb & Ellis. Landlords are now able to raise rents as leases come up for renewal.

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2009 8:22 PM, Anonymous mckinley hill said...

Is that a good or bad to the brokerage firm?
That would be a great advantage if land lords able to raise their rent fee but of course not for the renters.

 
At 7/26/2013 12:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It appears like your site ate my first comment so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything.

NCR Real Estate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home